Monday, July 8, 2013

Technique to battle Shrinkage on natural hair / Como combatir el encogimiento en el cabello rizado

Shrinkage is one of curly girl's enemy, we never know how short our hair will get. Numerous factors determined how much of shrinkage we will get that day; those factors can go from weather to the kind of product we use that day. To be honest with you, I stopped thinking about it a long time ago, I totally get that my hair is bipolar and it does what it pleases..

Looking around on youtube, I saw  a girl doing this technique and I gave it a try.

  1. I did twists on my wet hair using only my dailycurlz oil mix and Camille Rose moisture butter.
  2. The next step is to "wrap" your twist, basically, you will pass your twist from the right to left and the left to the right forming a wrap and securing it with bobby pins, make sure that each twist is really stretched out, so that when you twist it out, the curls will be lengthy.
  3. I slept on my twist, so in the morning they were dry- the successfulness of this style relies on letting your twists dry completely.-  Then, I took the bobby pins out.
  4. Next, untwist them and separate them as much as you like. I always rub a little bit of oil in my hands to avoid frizz. 


Have you tried this technique before? Share your thoughts with me.. 

Espanol

9 comments: