Thursday, May 16, 2013

3 years Celebration chopanniversary / 3 años sin alisado


It's the journey that matters not the destination!! Well I can happily say that my journey has been amazing, full of learning and full of curls.

Many of you have asked me about my routine and here it is:
  • I wash my hair every week with a sulfate shampoo, this day is the only day that I detangle and allow my fingers to go throughout my hair, after shampoo I detangle my hair with a generic conditioner like Coconut Suave, Pantene or Tresseme moisture conditioner, right after I rinse out the conditioner and my hair is knots free I apply a deep treatment and go under: (a) the hair steamer (b)hair dryer or  (c) a conditioner cap. Right after 30 minutes or so I rinse out the DC, the I seal in the moisture in my hair with my oil mix and apply a curl defining cream (I don't use gel). you can find some of my favorite products here.
  • I moisture every day with a light leave-in or moisture cream
  • I massage my scalp at night with a light/moisture oil mix
  • I do not touch or do any style on dry hair, if I want to do a bun, puff, side updo, ect. I spray my hair with a spray water bottle (water, oil and leave-in mix)
  • I do not tight my hair too tight or use accessories or rubber bands that may pull my hair out 
  • I love home made conditioner as a pre-poo. I do it at least 2 times a moth.
Added to this routine and important as well are:
  1. Drinking water
  2. Heathy eating
  3. Vitamins 
  4. And exercice 
Natural Hair 
Here is for many more!!!
You can watch my transformation on this video, fast forward to 06:17 so you don' have to listen to me speaking Spanish, lol

Tell me about you, are you transitioning? Did you do the big chop? For how long have you been natural? 


Espanol


Video

8 comments:

  1. Lovely .. Me encanto y tu líndisima y ni piensen en alisar el cabello que se te ve bello así....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias.. lamentablemente nos educan para pensar lo contrario

      Delete
  2. Great article Daily. Our hair routines are very similar, so I know Im doing something right! Lol im also 3 years natural, but my hair seems a couple inches shorter than yours... :-/ but anyway, Happy 3 year chopanniversary! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been for six years already. however,I have been using the flat iron a loooooot or I go to the salon (dominican salon y ya sabes como pasan el blower!)so my hair is so damaged! my hair is curl on the top (se pone duro cuando se seca) but straight on the bottom. a total mess! I want to stop using heat but its soooo hard! and I do not want to do the BIG chop (scared). what would you recomend me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ! Your hair is amazing !!! My hair is similar than yours, i'm 20 months transitionning and sometimes I really want to relax my hair again, because i'm fed up with it. You're such an inspiration for me =)
    ( excuse my bad english)
    Besos from Guadeloupe.

    ReplyDelete