Monday, March 12, 2012

The power of a Hug/ El poder de un abrazo

Picture from google
When I first visited California almost 4 years ago, I went to meet to an old friend; hi! How are you?- he asked,- this is my Son Kevin....I went to Kevin, 11 years old at time, and hugged him, kissed him and pulled out his cheeks: OHH MY GOD YOU ARE SO HANDSOME AND CUTE (in my Sofia Vergara accent, ), Kevin was in shock and when he looked at his Dad, I knew something was wrong.....Don"t worry -said my friend to his son -She is Latina (not that he didn't notice by my BF accent) and Dominican, they love to hug and kiss, don't worry, it's ok.

For me it was perfectly normal to meet someone and give them hugs and kisses and more hugs and kisses; ay mi amor nice to meet you!!!! But fast I learned that I had to stop that hugging, kissing and calling people Amor.

I am almost fine with the shaking  hands idea, well sometimes I forget, so if you meet me and I hug you and kiss you, like I've known you for a long time, don't panic I am trying my best, ;) lol.... Every time I go to my island I get a good dose of that affection that I miss so much when I am in the US, but since I stopped relaxing my hair and have Natural hair, every time I see a relative I am scared of that Big Hug where they usually rub the back of my head while doing it, at the end of the visit I ended up with a ball of frizzy hair but happy and recharged of amor and besos.

Hugs and blog subscription  are for free, hhahhahha

Español



Cuando visité por primera California hace casi 4 años, fui a conocer a un viejo amigo; hola! ¿Cómo estas?- le pregunte, - este es mi hijo Kevin .... Kevin, de 11 años en aquel entonces, yo lo abrase, lo bese y le jale las mejillas:  OHH MY GOD YOU ARE SO HANDSOME AND CUTE  (en mi acento de Sofia Vergara,), Kevin estaba en shock y cuando miró a su papá, yo sabía que algo andaba mal ..... No te preocupes-dijo mi amigo a su hijo-Ella es latina (no es que se no se dio cuenta de mi Gran acento) y de la República Dominicana, a ellos les encanta abrazar y besar, no te preocupes, está bien.

Para mí era perfectamente normal el conocer a alguien y darle abrazos y besos y más abrazos y besos, ay mi amor nice to meet you!! Pero rápidamente me enteré de que tenía que dejar que los abrazos, besos y llamar Amor a las personas.

Estoy casi bien con la idea de dar la mano, bueno a veces se me olvida, así que si te encuentras conmigo y yo te abrazo y te beso, como si te conozco  por mucho tiempo, no te preocupe que estoy haciendo mi mejor esfuerzo,; ) lol .... Cada vez que voy a mi isla tengo una buena dosis de ese afecto que tanto echo de menos cuando estoy en los EE.UU., pero desde que dejé de alisar  mi pelo y lo llevo naturalmente rizo, cada vez que veo a un familiar tengo miedo de ese gran abrazo donde suelen frotar la parte de atrás de mi cabeza mientras me abrasan, al final de la visita, terminó con una bola de pelo frisado en la parte de la nuca, pero feliz y con una  recarga de Amor y besos.

Abrasos y suscripciones al blog son gratis, jajajajja 

No comments:

Post a Comment