Tuesday, May 17, 2011

GOOD HAIR, BAD HAIR, NO HAIR

“I wish I can have Straight hair” , I love your hair… “I wish I can have curly hair” …”I wish my hair could be fuller” , “I wish I was blond” I wish, I wish…I WISH I  HAVE      H A I R “
I  went to church on Sunday for my friend’s daughter first communion, all the young girls looking so pretty in white with up dos and veils, but not one, she was showing a shine bold head, so proud, so innocent, so begging and praying to life , “NOT HAIR” life; hair? Hair comes and go “it is just hair” and it hit me right there, so many complains, so many wishing surrounding our hair, when we should be thankful to have hair at all, this is serious, so many kids and women suffering from Cancer and Alopecia , struggling to life and we complaining about our hair.. Yes we need to take a good care of our hair, Love it, but hair doesn’t defines us “we are not our hair” . To have curly, kinky, straight, short, long hair doesn’t make you a better or worse person, it just makes you. “YOU” are a God creation to perfection with a baggage that YOU can carry….LOVE YOU, CELEBRATE YOU…

You hear it often: If you have your health, you have everything. It’s no lie, people. When you can wake each morning without the cloud of illness hanging over your head, that is a gift. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so true..I remember looking down from my window in the hospital while under going chemo, no hair on my head, no eyelashes, sick as a dog. Looking at all the people walking around running errands thinking,"here I am dying, and they have no idea how good they have it" The sky was sooooo blue. Till this day when I see a blue sky I remember that very moment and thank God that I still have my life. Hair REALLY is just hair~ it's time for me to remember that.

    ReplyDelete