Sunday, November 6, 2011

Curly girl in an straight world/ Rizos en un mundo lacio

The first time I went out into the world with my natural hair , I felt a tightness in the chest, not sure how people would react to this head full of curls, in fact the first time I  straighten my  hair and put on a hairpiece, lol ....
But over time I learned that everything depends on how you feel and how you project it . living in California where most of the people are from Center America with straight hair and been  married to a Mexican most of the places we go, people have straight hair , reason number one why I am  practically the center of attention, for my skin complexion and my big Pajon, plus two curly hair daughters  .. I had all type pf reactions: some hair pulling and asking if it's a wig, how I comb my hair?, do you need a pillow at night? lol. The most discreet only look, like this lady in the picture, lol
La primera vez que salí al mundo con mi pelo natural como tal, sentía una opresión en el pecho, pues no sabia como reaccionarían las personas a esta cabeza llena de rizos, de echo la primera vez que tenia que salir en publico me alacie el pelo y me puse una cola postiza, -----.
Pero con el tiempo he aprendido que todo depende de como uno se sienta y lo que proyecte. el vivir en California donde la mayoría de los habitantes son Centro americanos de pelo lacio y el estar casada con un Mexicano, la mayoría de las partes que vamos todo el mundo tiene el lacio, por lo que yo prácticamente soy el centro de atención por mi tez morena y mi gran pajon, para variar dos niñas agarradas del brazo con cascada de rizos..He pasado de todo; los mas osados me jalan el pelo y preguntan si es peluca, como me peino?, si no necesito almohadas en las noches?, jajjajjjaja. Los mas discretos solo miran según ellos de reojo como esta señora, jjajjajjja.


but in general they all love my Pajon and after the rigor questions:
Are you Puerto Rican?
Are you Cuban?
Why do you speak  Spanish if you are black? etc, etc ...
they always say..... your hair is so beautiful ....
so, I think that we should not take it so personal, we are not gold coin to be like by everyone. Once you break the barrier that we have set ourselves regard our hair, all the others obstacles fall with it. I think people in general admire a well maintained and presentable image no matter if your hair is curly  or not. In my case having natural hair has given me more aware of what I eat and I put on my skin and hair, take care of body form the inside out caring for this beautiful little body that God gave me.♥

pero en sentido general a todos les encanta mi pajon y tras las preguntas de rigor:
Eres Puertoriqueña?
Eres Cubana?
porque habla Español y eres morena? etc, etc...
viene el......que pelo tan bello....
so, yo pienso que no hay que tomarlo tan personal, nosotros no somos monedita de oro para gustarle a todo el mundo. una vez que rompemos la barrera que nosotras mismas nos hemos puesto con respecto al pelo, los demás obstáculos caen  con ella. yo pienso que las personas en sentido general admiran una imagen bien cuidada y presentable sin importar si tu pelo es rizo o no. En mi caso el tener el pelo natural me ha dado mas conciencia de lo que como y me pongo en la piel y el pelo, el cuidarme por dentro y el cuidar este cuerpito que Dios me dio.♥
6/5/2010--11/5/2011 y contando

3 comments:

  1. This was interesting to read as I have a 6yr old daughter with beautiful hair who doesn't quit get that her naturally curly hair is a blessing. She refuses to wear it natural most times because it is "puffy" to her friends. I am going to try your product to see if it can help her curls out and give it more body so that she will wear it out and beautiful. I am a new fan via facebook. Was sent by Nevaeh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to almost everything you said, minus the fact I'm not married! LOL People ask me "why do you speak spanish if you are black?" (the blacks) and then the hispanics think I don't speak spanish BECAUSE I'm Black with afro curly lovely hair! A formy curly now alisado told me that's the one thing she misses "she doesnt need a pillow at night!" LOL! I love my soft hair! And I made it a new yrs resolution last 2 yrs to be more health conscious with respect to my mind body spirit AND hair! And I mean they are kind of connected right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your site! I am a type 4 person and I'm quite surprised by the reactions. You are not an alien from another planet! People have tv and internet, etc so they should be used to seeing different people. They would probably have a heart attack if they saw my hair out! :)

    ReplyDelete