Saturday, May 14, 2011

EXERCISE And HEALTHY HAIR

Been Natural hasn't been "no walk in the park", yes am very happy with the choice I made, but if anyone tell you that is the easier thing to do "is lying" to have natural hair is an every day Job, because as our hair get dry so easily Moisturize has to be done every day or sometimes even 2-3 times a day.
In my relaxed day I usually avoid sweat, so, no exercise for me, I mean how am I going to ruin my perfect perm hair? getting in the beach or the pool? NO way Jose!!!
"No contact with moisture or straightening would be gone (used plastic rain scarves, no swimming, washed hair once a  weeks), “You know the bane of Perm hair is the water” 
ridiculous, I know, coming from a island where it is hot 365 days a year, and I was fine with it until I had my kids and then I moved to the state and I gained a couple of pounds, plus I didn't have those famous Dominican stylists to do my hair..Relaxed hair + sweat= NO HAIR..  ! But Natural hair love exercise!;  in fact:
 Exercise Reduces Cortisone
Regular cardiovascular and aerobic exercise can promote hair growth. when you are stressed, it's possible for your hair to thin or fall out. This is because your body produces more cortisone. This hormone causes hair follicles to stop growing, which can result in thinning of the hair. Exercise can reduce the amount of cortisone present in the body. Lower levels of the cortisone hormone will help hair grow faster and fuller.

Exercise Increases Serotonin
Exercising can increase serotonin levels in the brain, keeping us feeling happy and balanced. Increasing serotonin in the body can help improve the way we deal with stress, and lower the presence of the cortisone hormone in the body. When the body is under extreme stress, the entire body is affected, including the hair follicles. Exercise can help reduce stress and promote hair growth at the same time.

Exercise Reduces DHT
Jogging and playing recreational sports like soccer, football or baseball can help regulate hormones and reduce DHT formation, DHT -- dihydrotestosterone -- is passed down genetically and causes balding in men. Overexercising, like extreme bodybuilding, can have the opposite effect and produce more DHT, but doing moderate exercise three to five times a week can actually reduce the amount of DHT produced by the body. Regular exercise also improves blood circulation, slows down the aging process and increases stamina.

Just make sure  co-wash or wash your hair after sweat because it can dry your hair, I usually co-wash 2-3 times a week on the day that I sweat the most and apply oil and a moisturize condition to my ends every day and Shampoo once a week  follow by a Deep Condition

Natural hair not only has gave me the Hair that i meant to have, but a healthier me. I become a more fun MOM and a active, confidence Woman..


You may like:
http://www.dailycurlz.com/2011/05/foods-for-healthy-hair.html
http://www.dailycurlz.com/2011/05/vitamins-that-your-hair-need.html

No comments:

Post a Comment